Key Factors for HR Continuous Improvement:
|The following elements are critical to the success of Continuous Improvement and will be utilized to develop innovative and inclusive solutions across our community.
Our HR team will partner with leaders at all levels across the University to identify potential opportunities, work through solutions, understand key changes, answer related questions, deliver required training and resources, monitor progress and deliver enhancements to enable success for all involved.
Our priority areas of focus include:
- Pay Stabilization: Continued focus on Combo Code process review, Issues analysis and clean-up, Payroll resources, Payroll reporting enhancements, Payroll Contingency Plan implementation
- HR Strategic Planning and Communications including progress reviews, partnership development, service catalogue design, new website enhancements, and new builds in Confluence
- HRSC Renewal Strategy including service model review, process updates, tools and training, resource development
- Recruitment and Onboarding Process Review and Improvements including macid generation, updates which support Employment Equity, related processes, resources and new system features to facilitate involved efforts
- Employment Brand Development including a new website coming in January 2018, alignment of tools and resources with new McMaster branding, Top 100 Employer Submission and external survey participation
- Enhancement of our Semi-Annual HR Forum including HR practitioners and those accountable for HR work from across our University community
- HR Technology Enhancements such as PenProPlus implementation, Year-end/ ePerformance/Hyperion linkages, BI planning, MORE content updates, and new features reviews for items such as Total Rewards, Succession Development, Employee Profile, Career Pathing
- HR Event Form review in alignment with available technology; implementation of automated End of Contract Terminations
- HR Review in alignment with outcomes from our Research/Finance review and Cubane review, as well as University strategic priorities – 2018 implementation and 2019 recommendations
Upcoming Think Tanks, Focus Groups and Brainstorming Events:
Interested in sharing your ideas?
We welcome collaborative participation in our various planning activities, and currently have the following opportunities available. Please indicate your interest by contacting Dave Hall, Senior Manager, Systems Strategy, Payroll & Analytics (email@example.com, ext 28051)
- Ongoing Focus Groups and Think Tanks: We are looking to build a roster of individuals who would be interested in joining us from time to time to review plans and gain feedback on priority enhancements and upcoming new system features. Typically these sessions will be 1-2 hours in length.
Please share your idea with us!
We encourage and welcome your ideas, recommendations, and feedback! Any of the options below are available for you to share your suggestions.
- Questions for Confluence: Ask or review questions related to Mosaic, as well as provide your own thoughts, learnings, and helpful hints so others can benefit!
- Contact our HR Service Centre Leadership Team for a personal discussion or to arrange a group consultation or session:
Director, HR Client Services and Systems