New MacID Process Coming to HR Operations
Working to Improve the Employee Experience: New MacID Process Coming to HR Operations
HR Operations team has implemented a few new processes to improve ways of working together and providing efficient services to our employees and clients. One key change in the process is to improve how MacIDs are generated through our existing new hire setup in Mosaic for interim, STE, Teaching Assistant, and Sessional Faculty employee groups.
What has been done?
- Defining simplified and standardized end-to-end processes with a focus on streamlining processes, identifying handoffs and reducing number of days in waiting time
- Shifting process from pay period driven based workforce data administration process to a focus on effective date of change within allowable timeframe to enable future-dated hiring process
- Adding a documentation validation process to ensure the new hire documents are complete prior to setup in Mosaic to reduce the additional effort required to set up MacIDs
- Simplified and standardized triage system within the HR Operations team.
Specific changes include:
- Since Monday, November 22, 2021, new employees have had reduced waiting times to receive a MacID as quick as 7 business days from the date the completed new hire documentation received, for up to 30 days in advance of their official start date.
- This will allow new employees to be able to access MacCheck as well as other university systems prior to the start date.
- Improved response time to follow up with department if the documents are not fully completed
- Clearly defined new hire documentation checklist required to set up MacID
How you can help?
To ensure the MacID is produced at the first opportunity, please ensure to do the following:
- Complete the new hire package to include the following information
- Signed Offer Letter
- Contact and Deposit form with Employee’s personal information – Last/First legal name; Date of Birth, SIN, etc
- Copy of Void Cheque or Direct Banking Information
- TD1 Forms (both federal and provincial)
- Job Opening (if applicable)
- SIN expiry date
- Work Permit
- Please refer to the New Hire Checklist for more details.
- In the subject line when submitting the new hire package please add’ New Hire MacID required’ and the start date, this will allow the HR Operation team to quick identify and prioritize the record set up in Mosiac.
Thank you for your on-going support; by bringing together people, processes, and technology, we are evolving, modernizing and transforming key administrative processes that support data and pay accuracy.
Should you have any questions please contact x222HR (47) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Hiring & Recruitment, Payroll