There’s a lot to be excited about as both a top Top 100 University in the world and a Top Employer within the Hamilton- Niagara Region. Our Human Resources Services (HRS) team is always working to advance McMaster University as one of the top schools in the world.
We are focused on creating a recognized workplace that helps us to retain, attract, develop, and inspire our exceptional group of employees. One that promotes an engaged, healthy, and versatile workforce now and in the future.
HRS will continue to align our efforts to enable university priorities, collaborate with our various community partners to help them achieve their goals, deliver excellence in service and solutions, empower learning, and champion opportunities for individuals to grow their careers at McMaster University.
How We're Achieving our Human Resources Mission
Enabling University Strategy
We enable University strategy, economic sustainability, and the cultivation of human potential in a responsive manner that’s based on the evolving needs of our community.
- Align HR services with University strategy and arising needs across the organization
- Champion an inclusive, equitable and engaged culture
- Demonstrate operating efficiency and organizational affordability
Collaborating with our Community
We deliver expert advice and exceptional service through inclusive and collaborative community partnerships.
- Provide service through alignment of valued HR services and advise
- Understand client and stakeholder needs
- Build community partnerships
- Develop effective strategic communications
Delivering Service Excellence
We continuously review and improve our processes to ensure that we are aligned efficiently to provide professional HR services.
- Practice continuous improvement
- Organize and integrate our internal HR services and resources
- Capitalize on available and emerging technologies
- Encourage bold ideas and solutions while balancing risks
Empowering Learning & Growth
We embrace diversity, ensure equality, leverage unique strengths, promote continuous learning, and celebrate accomplishments.
- Find, keep and develop the right people
- Model excellence in teamwork
- Recognize and celebrate accomplishments