Permission to participate in Take your Kids to Work Day must be granted by your supervisor in writing. In certain situations, your area of work may not be appropriate for a student to be present. This includes high risk areas, for example the Nuclear Reactor, Clean Rooms, BSL 2 or 3 laboratories, or any space requiring highly specialized personal protective equipment i.e., respirators, protective suits (Tyvek).
On Take your Kids to Work Day please ensure:
- Provincial Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training is completed,
- Students are supervised at all times while in the workplace,
- Students only act as an observer,
- Students must not be allowed to operate hazardous equipment or participate in activities using hazardous materials,
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated for the space,
- Ensure students are aware of McMaster’s Emergency Procedures, e.g., closest fire exit, emergency contact numbers.