The Fall 2023 program will be delivered using virtual sessions (live via Zoom), online self-study (via Avenue to Learn), and a final in-person session. Applications open July 1, 2023 and close September 28, 2023 or when the program is full.
Learning Objectives: participants in this program will learn about creativity and innovation, managing projects, and leadings teams. Read more in the program overview.
Credential: individuals who successfully complete program requirements will be issued a certificate of completion microcredential in digital format. A microcredential is an official recognition of a defined set of skills, knowledge, and competencies.
Eligibility: employees are eligible provided they are employed: a) on a part-time or full-time continuing or contractually limited appointment of at least 1 year; or, b) under the terms of a Collective Agreement, written contract or employment contract which specifically extends the Tuition Assistance benefit to employees.
This program is funded by McMaster University. Participants are not required to make up the time away from their role to participate in this training. The Knowledge Leaders Program is delivered by the McMaster Continuing Education (MCE) and sponsored by Human Resources Services.
Questions? Contact WeAreAllLeaders@mcmaster.ca
Dates/Time (5 sessions):
- Thursday, October 5, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 14, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Thursday, November 30, 12:30 – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, December 14, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm*
*Note: the final session, December 14, will be delivered in-person at One James North, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Details will be confirmed closer to the session date.
- 30 contact hours including live and online/self–study formats
- 4 virtual live sessions via Zoom (3 – 3.5 hours each) and a final in-person session (6 hours)
- Approximate online self-study time commitment is 3 hours per session
- Pre-session work may include individual assessments, videos, articles, worksheets, self-reflection exercises, discussion board postings, etc.
- All materials will be distributed through Avenue to Learn
Applications open July 1, 2023 and close September 28, 2023 or when the program is full.
Application & Registration
Complete the following steps:
1. Review this opportunity with your supervisor.
2. Complete the Online Application. Be sure you are logged out of other Mosaic tabs/browsers before beginning your application!
- As a McMaster employee, login to the application page using your Mac ID.
- Identify the specific program to which you want to apply (Knowledge Leaders).
- Always save the information on the application pages before you proceed to the next items.
3. Complete the Participant Commitment Form and upload the PDF to your online application.
4. Ask your supervisor to review your learning goals and complete the Supervisor Support Form and upload the PDF to your online application.
- If you are unable to sign or edit the PDF forms, please email a statement of support and/or commitment to WeAreAllLeaders@mcmaster.ca. Indicate applicant’s name and program in your email.
- In the Mosaic application interface, you will be asked to upload various documents. Please ignore those instructions. You only need to upload the two forms noted in items 3 and 4 above. Do not upload any other items.
- Applications will be reviewed after all materials have been submitted, and applicants will be notified of acceptance within 1-2 weeks. Upon acceptance, individuals must register in the appropriate program.
- Once admitted, individuals will receive an email with registration link to formally register in the program.
- Participants will receive program information, including any required pre-assignment, one week prior to the program start date.
Participation in these programs is of critical importance. Participants must attend and participate in all 5 virtual/in-person sessions and submit the required assignments in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Withdrawing from the Program
All withdrawal notifications must be submitted via email to WeAreAllLeaders@mcmaster.ca.