Information Box Group
Financial Well-being Events for McMaster Employees
2021 Annual General Meeting - Group RRSP Members
1:00PM to 3:00PM
Everything You Need to Know About Retiring from McMaster's Salaried Pension Plan
2:00PM to 4:00PM
Employee Financial Well-being Resources
Our Employee and Family Assistance Provider (EFAP), Homewood Health can help you by arranging a discussion with a financial expert or can provide ongoing coaching to help you build confidence to solve almost any financial challenge. More information is available here.
There are many free community resources available to Canadians. Here are a few that may help you with your financial well-being journey:
- FREE online personal budgeting webinars
- My Money Coach
- The Canadian Insolvency Guide (Free)
- The Canadian Insolvency Guide is an excellent resource, for anyone suffering a debt crisis. It’s written by a Licensed Insolvency Trustee and gives a person the knowledge they need to make an informed decision on how to get a fresh financial start.
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC)
- CAFC is the central agency in Canada that collects information and criminal intelligence on such matters as mass marketing fraud (e.g., telemarketing), advance fee fraud, internet fraud and identification theft complaints.
- Understanding Mortgages
- Financial Tools and Calculators
- Tools to help you choose a bank account and credit card, including budget and mortgage calculators.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada: Your Financial Toolkit
- A comprehensive learning program that provides basic information and tools to help adults manage their personal finances and gain the confidence they need to make better financial decisions.
Our Employee and Family Assistance Provider (EFAP), Homewood Health, empowers you with the information and support you need to help you deal with your legal affairs. They arrange for a free, in-person consultation with a lawyer and you will have access to phone call follow-ups for 30 days on the same subject. This service does not include legal representation or preparation of legal documents but if you require an attorney to represent you, a referral can be made at a discounted cost. More information is available here.
Our Employee and Family Assistance Provider (EFAP), Homewood Health, can help by arranging a conversation with a retirement counselor who can walk you through the types of support you can benefit from – written materials, internet resources, financial software, and more. They will connect with you as often as you need while using the materials to help you build confidence with your pre-retirement planning process. More information is available here.
Retirement is a significant and life changing chapter and it requires careful and thoughtful planning because it involves gathering lots of information and making important decisions about Finances, Lifestyle, Activities, Next Career, Learning, Volunteering to name just a few.
We understand that navigating retirement can be an onerous process. McMaster University offers a number of resources to assist you in learning about key processes, available resources, transitioning into retirement and making financial decisions. Learn more.
McMaster Group RRSP members are invited to spend 30 minutes with a Desjardins Education Advisor in a personal one-on-one meeting to review their Group RRSP. In this meeting, you will have the opportunity to review your account and investment selections online, ask questions about available investment choices, learn about information and helpful resources available on the Desjardins’ participant site, and more!
To schedule a one-on-one meeting, please contact Teena.Dawson@dfs.ca, Desjardins Senior Education Advisor.