3-Part Planning for Retirement Course
Jun 15, 2022 to Jun 29, 2022
11:00AM to 1:00PM
Date(s) - 15/06/2022 - 29/06/2022
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
McMaster University has partnered with the Credit Counselling Society (CCS) to offer a 3-part online retirement planning course aimed at helping pre-retirement employees obtain and maintain financial stability in their upcoming retirement.
Participants must be available to participate in ALL THREE of the 2-hour sessions:
- June 15, 2022 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; AND
- June 22, 2022 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; AND
- June 29, 2022 from 11 a.m. -1 p.m.
By the end of the three sessions, participants will gain:
- an understanding of their income, debt, and budget before and during retirement;
- knowledge of the basics of investments and savings;
- information about the basics of taxes, insurance, and estate planning; and
- retirement planning resources.
Topics such as states of retirement, retiring without debt, sources of retirement income, investment basics, strategies to navigate taxes, estate planning, insurance, and resources will be discussed. This is a real-time, online, interactive course. All three sessions are required to complete the course. A link to the course, along with further details will be provided prior to the first session in the series.
This program is funded by McMaster University.
All cancellations must be provided with a minimum of 5 business days notice prior to the start of the course. Please email email@example.com with your cancellation request so that we may contact an individual on the waiting list when a space becomes available.