New Employee Orientation Program – August 23, 2022
Aug 23, 2022
10:00AM to 12:30PM
Date(s) - 23/08/2022
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
New Employee Orientation Program
The McMaster New Employee Orientation Program (NEO) is designed to be an informative and highly interactive virtual experience to welcome new employees to the University.
If you are a new employee to McMaster, don’t miss your opportunity to join fellow new hires for an engaging session of learning about the University’s mission, structure, culture, and some key services that will help you acclimate to the McMaster community more quickly. Plus, you have an opportunity to network with colleagues from across the organization.
The University is proud to have YOU join its community. This session will not only provide you with a high level overview of McMaster, it will affirm the important role each individual plays in contributing to the University’s success.
NEO is sponsored by Human Resources Services and is delivered by Continuing Education.
Register today for this virtual session! Participants will receive a confirmation email with additional details and a reminder note with log in details will be sent a few days prior to the session.
Questions? Contact WeAreAllLeaders@mcmaster.ca
Who Should Attend NEO?
Continuing employees or those working in a contract position greater than 12 months from the following groups:
- Unifor Local 5555 (Staff, Parking & Transit Services, Security Services)
- TMG (The Management Group)
- McMaster University Faculty Association (MUFA)
- Clinical Faculty
- McMaster University Academic Librarians Association (MUALA)
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 2 (BUC, Hospitality Services, Machinists)
- International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 772
- Post Doctoral Fellows (CUPE Local 3906, Unit 3)
- Sessional Faculty (CUPE Local 3906, Unit 2)
If you are a member of one of these groups, and you’ve joined McMaster within the past six months, you are encouraged to attend. Please be sure to discuss this opportunity with your direct supervisor.
Past Participants Said…
- “I definitely feel connected to and valued by McMaster. This significantly increased my understanding of the “big picture”. All new employees should attend this session…it was excellent!” Cynthia Mech, Research Coordinator
- “I learned so much about McMaster! It was worth taking a day out of the office.” Jennifer Hamilton, Program Administrator
- “Overall, a fantastic orientation. This really opened my eyes as to how grateful I am to be a McMaster employee.” Amanda Riley, Medical Assistant
- “I better understand now that McMaster University is a great place to work.”
George Chiran, Research Engineer
- “As a relatively new employee who is located remotely (in Kitchener), I found this session provided me with the feeling that I was part of the larger institution and not an independent individual off on my own.”
Anne Bolender, Academic Advisor
- “This is a fantastic program! The pace is just perfect and there is such a great variety of items on the agenda to keep it interesting.”
Anne Painter, Senior Clinical Accountant
- “This is probably the best orientation session I’ve attended.”
John Barreda, Assistant Chef, Centro Commons
- “More than I expected! Very professional presenters, friendly, knowledgeable, engaging, informative! Thank you.” Jodi Biro, Administrative Assistant