Spring HR Forum
Jun 2, 2022
10:00AM to 3:00PM
Date(s) - 02/06/2022
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join your HR partners and colleagues from across the university for a day of informative and interactive sessions as we focus on advancing together through community, learning and collaboration.
- Who should attend? HR (Human Resources) professionals and employees engaged in HR related work activities
- When? Thursday, June 2nd – see agenda below for timing details
- Where? Join us in person at the Peter George Centre for Living and Learning (PGCLL) on main campus or virtually for some sessions via Zoom
Register now and provide us feedback on your preferred experience for the day! Additional details will be provided to registrants a few days before the event.
Agenda and timing:
- 9:00a.m. – Registration and Meet and Greet Breakfast – join us for a light breakfast with lots of time to meet and reconnect with HR colleagues. (Location: PGCLL M01)
- 10:00a.m. – Engaging our Community – HR Strategic Updates – hear remarks and updates from various HR leaders including Wanda McKenna, AVP and Chief Human Resources Officer. (Location: PGCLL 127 and virtual option to be confirmed)
- 11:00a.m. – Stretch Break/Transition Time
- 11:15a.m – Learning Together – Breakout Sessions (Part 1) – attend one of several breakout sessions on topics including: employment law updates (highlighting the Disconnect from Work policy); workshop on time management and prioritization. (Location: PGCLL various rooms and a virtual option via Zoom)
- 12:00p.m. – Lunch Break – enjoy lunch with us, explore the various new seating options across campus, and engage in our social media challenge! (Location: PGCLL main entrance)
- 1:00p.m. – Learning Together – Breakout Sessions (Part 2) – attend one of several breakout sessions on topics including: flexible work options; digital transformation in HR, and recruitment trends. (Location: PGCLL various rooms and a virtual option via Zoom)
- 1:45p.m. – Stretch Break/Transition Time
- 2:00p.m. – Strengthening Collaboration – Panel Discussion – hear from various university leaders in this interactive discussion as we explore topics that are top of mind for our community such as equity, mental health and burnout, and disconnecting from work. (Location: PGCLL 127 and virtual option to be confirmed)
- 2:50p.m. – Closing Remarks and Prizes (Location: PGCLL 127 and virtual option to be confirmed)
- 3:00p.m. – Optional – Exploring our Campus – for many of you that are new to McMaster or looking to reacquaint yourself with our beautiful campus, various tour options will be available (e.g., walking, greenhouse, architecture, virtual). (Location: various based on registration interest)
We look forward to seeing you on June 2nd!
For any questions or to discuss any accommodation requirements, contact Christine Costa, Organizational Development and Design Consultant, at email@example.com.