Homeweb is part of your EFAP. You can access Homeweb on your phone, tablet, or desktop. Homeweb offers you the ability to create an individual profile, receive personalized content recommendations, and access lots of helpful resources.
How to register for Homeweb:
- Step One: Visit www.homeweb.ca and click ‘Sign Up’.
- Step Two: Enter information into the required fields, choose an email and password, and click ‘Next Step’.Then, type in your company name (McMaster University) and click ‘Find it!’ Select McMaster University from the list provided. (If you do not see McMaster listed,check the spelling and try again)
- Step Three: Let Homewood know how your services are covered, (e.g. through your benefits or the benefits of a family member), and let them know your relationship to the organization (e.g. employee, spouse, dependent, etc.). Submit the additional information required and click ‘Sign In’ at the bottom of the page. For Privacy and Confidentiality information, please review this information.
- Welcome to Homeweb!
- The Health & Wellness library is an updated collection of articles and other resources written by qualified experts in their subject field. It includes information designed to improve health and wellness, and assists individuals in improving their personal and work-life balance. The library provides users a wealth of exclusively Canadian content and has information on drugs, disease, natural products, tests, procedures, and general health.
- To access the Library, login to Homeweb.
- Self-paced, interactive, confidential learning courses targeted to personal issues (e.g. stress, mood, alcohol use, relationships, smoking cessation, resilience, money matters) and workplace issues targeted to leaders (e.g. change management, supervision training, job transitions, ethics in business).
- The content is based on award-winning concepts utilized by leading-edge companies worldwide.
- Developed by psychologists specialized in e-learning and health promotion.
- Each confidential course is self-directed, and presents clear, printable information, quizzes, and exercises.
- To access e-Learning, login to Homeweb.
- Homewood Health provides video and audio learning experiences in a number of health and wellness areas. Enjoy Health-e Videos and Health-e Podcasts to improve your personal health and well-being.
- To access the Health-e Media Centre, login to Homeweb.
- The Health Risk Assessment is comprehensive – allowing you to identify your health and wellness barriers and helping you to get back to being your best. The HRA looks at four specific dimensions of wellness: work-life balance, anxiety, depression, and stress. The interface provides you with an easy way to access year-to-year comparisons and a more complete snapshot of your overall health status. It is a screening tool designed to be used in consultation with your health professional.
- The summary results you receive are not a health diagnosis, but a screening of your health and wellness, to help you identify your risk factors.
- To access the Health Risk Assessment, login to Homeweb.
- Employees and family members can search for daycares, homecare, respite care, child services and child care, schools, day camps, overnight camps and residential facilities for children with special needs.
- The eldercare function provides employees and family members access to national resources for older Canadians, including homecare assessments, long-term facilities, assistive care facilities, day care facilities and facilities geared toward the elderly with health needs or cultural preferences.
- Homewood offers fully interactive services online through the bilingual BusyFamily Program.
- To access the BusyFamily Services, log in to homeweb.ca
- Homeweb LiveChat provides one-click access to help from any device. It allows you to connect with Homewood Health Intake Counsellors from 8am-9pm, Monday to Friday.
- ‘Sign Up’ for a Homeweb account or click ‘Log In’, if you already have one and then click ‘Need Help’. Select “LiveChat” and then start chatting!