RECIPIENTS FOR THE 2021 PRESIDENT'S AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE
CELEBRATE WITH US
Q & A
This section aims to answer questions you have related to the President’s Awards for Outstanding Service.
The awards are open to all full-time or part-time staff from operations, research and ancillary departments or units of McMaster University who are employed on a continuing basis or for a term or contract of one or more year’s duration. Individuals must be a current member of one of the following eligible groups: TMG (Band N or lower), Unifor, SEIU, MUALA, IUOE. Learn more about these groups. The President’s Awards for Outstanding Service are not awarded posthumously.
The eligibility form requires you to submit nominee and nominator identifying information.
Once eligibility is confirmed, you will be given access to the nomination portal.
This document outlines the questions you will be required to answer as part of the nomination process.
In addition to completing the above questions, you will be required to submit a minimum of three and maximum of six supporting references. The nominator may not act as a supporting reference.
More detail and tips are also available on our tip sheet.
In your nomination package, you will be providing examples of how the nominee demonstrates and advances inclusive excellence, including efforts which support and advance McMaster’s equity, diversity, and inclusion priorities and goals. When doing so, please consider any of the following areas:
- Establishing accessible, equitable, and inclusive unit or university policies and processes;
- Delivering accessible, equitable, and inclusive student and/or employee programs and services;
- Developing attitudes, knowledge, and skills in self and among others to foster accessibility, equity, and inclusion; and/or
- Enhancing the recruitment, recognition, and retention of diverse community members, and especially members historically underrepresented.
- Request an eligibility check for your nomination by January 18, 2022. The individual or group of individuals will be checked by Human Resources Services to ensure they are eligible to proceed in the nomination process.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, you will receive access to the nomination portal.
- Complete your submission in the nomination portal by completing the nomination form, adding your supporting references, and uploading any supporting documents by February 22, 2022.
- The selection committee will review nominations and select recipients between mid-February and the end of March.
- The results of the nominations will be communicated in April.
- The Awards celebration will take place on May 31, 2022.
- Contact the Program Coordinator with any questions or for guidance regarding the submission of your nomination.
More information about the process is also available on our tip sheet.
Yes! Information is available below about other President’s Awards programs. Human Resources Services does not manage or facilitate these awards. Please review the website and contact the responsible person for further details.