Nominees and Recipients
Congratulations to all nominees and recipients of the President’s Awards for Outstanding Service in 2020!
Information Box Group
Q & A
This section aims to answer questions you have related to the President’s Awards for Outstanding Service.
The awards are open to all full-time or part-time staff from operations, research and ancillary departments or units of McMaster University who are employed on a continuing basis or for a term or contract of one or more year’s duration. Individuals must be a current member of one of the following eligible groups: TMG (Band N or lower), Unifor, SEIU, MUALA, IUOE. Learn more about these groups. The President’s Awards for Outstanding Service are not awarded posthumously.
The eligibility form requires you to submit nominee and nominator identifying information.
Once eligibility is confirmed, you will be given access to the nomination portal.
This document outlines the questions you will be required to answer as part of the nomination process.
In addition to completing the above questions, you will be required to submit a minimum of three and maximum of six supporting references. The nominator may not act as a supporting reference.
More detail and tips are also available on our tip sheet.
- Request an eligibility check for your nomination by January 15, 2021. The individual or group of individuals will be checked by Human Resources Services to ensure they are eligible to proceed in the nomination process.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, you will receive access to the nomination portal.
- Complete your submission in the nomination portal by completing the nomination form, adding your supporting references, and uploading any supporting documents by February 17, 2021.
- The selection committee will review nominations and select recipients between mid-February and the end of March.
- The results of the nominations will be communicated in April.
- The Awards celebration will take place on June 11, 2021.
- Contact the Program Manager with any questions or for guidance regarding the submission of your nomination.
More information about the process is also available on our tip sheet.
Yes! Information is available below about other President’s Awards programs. Human Resources Services does not manage or facilitate these awards. Please review the website and contact the responsible person for further details.