- Main Campus:
- Dial 88 from a campus phone
- Dial 905.522.4135 from a cell phone
- Call from any outdoor red emergency pole on campus
- Hospital Security (MUMC, Chedoke, HGH, Juravinski):
- Dial 5555
- Hospital Security (St. Joseph’s, St. Peter’s)
- Dial 7777
Homewood Health is the Canadian leader in mental health and addiction services. With over 130 years of experience. Individuals can contact Homewood Health through their website or by phone toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to book appointments or access any Employee Family Assistance Program service.
All of the services offered by Homewood Health are strictly confidential. Your information will not be shared with McMaster University.
The Assaulted Women’s Helpline is a free, anonymous and confidential telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse.
We provide crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals accessible 24/7/365.
- TTY: 1.866.863.7868
- The goal of COAST is to provide 24 hour crisis services to individuals with serious mental health issues and are in crisis. The COAST team provides assessment, treatment, support and referral for people experiencing crisis.
- 24 Hour Helpline 1-866-925-5454
Good2Talk is a free, confidential helpline providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario 24/7/365.
- Oakville: 905-849-4541; Burlington: 905-681-1488: North Halton: 905-877-1211
The Distress Centre Halton provides telephone and online support to people in the community to better cope with crisis, loneliness, and emotional stress.
- 905-522-1155 Ext. 3243
- The Mental Health Helpline provides information about mental health services in Ontario. An Information and Referral Specialist will answer your call, email or web chat 24/7. The service is free and confidential health information organization funded by the Ontario Government.
- 24 Hour Crisis Line: 905.529.7878
- Toll Free: 1-844-777-3571
The Barrett Centre for Crisis Support provides a safe environment in the community and responds to the needs of individuals, 16 years of age or older, who experience a mental health crisis and do not require a hospital stay. The provide confidential and free services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 24 hour crisis line 1.855.294.4673 905-522-1477
- The Suicide Crisis Line provides telephone support, intervention, and referrals for individuals experiencing varying degrees of crisis, including suicide, and any life challenge people are having difficulty navigating through.
SACHA provides confidential, anonymous 24-hour nonjudgmental telephone support for adults who have experienced sexual violence at any point in their lives; will provide accompaniment to hospital or police station for survivors wishing to seek medical attention or report; counselling services and public education.