Effective July 1, 2019, your benefit plan incorporated the following changes:
- Mental Health – Maximum coverage of $3,000 per person (including eligible dependents) per benefit year, in total for services by registered psychologists, social workers and psychotherapists.
- Medical Devices: Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) – Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) receivers, transmitters or sensors for persons diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes up to a combined maximum of $4,000 per person per benefit year. Sun Life must be provided with a doctor’s note confirming the diagnosis.
- Dental Claims – The University will allow assignment of dental claims to the dental office, whenever such service is available. Members will only need to pay the dental office for the difference between the total bill and amount paid by the McMaster plan.
- Hearing Aid – Coverage of 80% of the costs of hearing aids prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, up to a maximum of $1,500 per person per ear over a period of three benefit years. Repairs are included in this maximum.
- Basic Life Insurance – Increase basic life insurance to 175% of annual regular earnings to a maximum coverage of $262,500 (where annual regular earnings are limited to $150,000 and if the salary is not an even thousand, it will be raised to the next higher $1,000).