Compensation for members of MUFA is outlined in the Joint Committee Agreement.
Joint Administration/Faculty Association Committee remuneration agreement for the period of July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022
Effective July 1, 2019, your benefit plan incorporated the following changes:
- Expanded Mental Health Benefits – Maximum coverage of $3,000 per person (including eligible dependents) per benefit year, in total for services received by registered psychologists, social workers and psychotherapists.
- Improved Dental Claims Process – The University will allow assignment of dental claims to the dental office, where available. MUFA members will pay the dental office the difference between the total bill and the amount paid by the McMaster plan.
- Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) receivers, transmitters or sensors – Coverage for persons diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, up to a combined maximum of $4,000 per person per benefit year. Sun Life must be provided a doctor`s note confirming the diagnosis.
- Hearing Aids – Coverage of 80% of the costs of hearing aids prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, up to a maximum of $1,500 per person per ear over a period of three benefit years. Repairs are included in this maximum.
- Basic Life Insurance – The employee’s annual basic earnings (rounded to the next $1,000, if not an even thousand), subject to the maximum insurable annual basic earnings of $150,000 multiplied by 175%, to a maximum coverage of $262,500.
Learning and Development
Faculty Professional Development Allowance Plan (PDA) Policy and Procedures is managed by the McMaster Unviersity Secretariat`s Office.