Compensation is detailed in the Unifor, Unit 4 Collective Agreement.
Effective November 1, 2019, your benefit plan has been enhanced with the following:
- Expanded Mental Health Benefits – Maximum coverage of $3,000 per person (including eligible dependents) per benefit year, in total for services received by registered psychologists, social workers and psychotherapists.
- Improved Dental Claims Process – The University will allow assignment of dental claims to the dental office, where available. Unifor Unit 4 members will pay the dental office for the difference between the total bill and amount paid by the McMaster plan.
- Increase in coverage for eyeglasses and cataract surgery: The maximum coverage increases from $250 to $400.
- Increase in coverage for hearing aids: Coverage increases to 100% of the costs of hearing aids prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, up to a maximum of $500 per person per ear over a period of 3 benefit years. Repairs are included in this maximum. Also covered, 100% of the costs of the initial purchase of hearing aid prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, if required as a result of an accident.
- New coverage for Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM): Coverage will be added for Continuous Glucose Monitors receivers, transmitters or sensors for persons diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, up to a combined maximum of $4,000 per person per benefit year. Sun Life must be provided with a doctor’s note confirming the diagnosis.
- New coverage for licensed occupational therapists: Licensed occupational therapists will be added to the list of covered paramedical practitioners. The benefit plan will cover 100% of the costs, up to a maximum of $500 per person in a benefit year.
Highlights of the McMaster University Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Special Constables represented by Unifor Local 5555 (Unit 4)
Hours of Work and Paid Time Off
Paid time off is detailed in the Unifor, Unit 4 Collective Agreement.