Compensation is detailed in the Unifor, Unit 4 Collective Agreement.
Effective November 1, 2019, your benefit plan has been enhanced with the following:
- Expanded Mental Health Benefits – Maximum coverage of $3,000 per person (including eligible dependents) per benefit year, in total for services received by registered psychologists, social workers and psychotherapists.
- Improved Dental Claims Process – The University will allow assignment of dental claims to the dental office, where available. Unifor Unit 4 members will pay the dental office for the difference between the total bill and amount paid by the McMaster plan.
- Increase in coverage for eyeglasses and cataract surgery: The maximum coverage increases from $250 to $400.
- Increase in coverage for hearing aids: Coverage increases to 100% of the costs of hearing aids prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, up to a maximum of $500 per person per ear over a period of 3 benefit years. Repairs are included in this maximum. Also covered, 100% of the costs of the initial purchase of hearing aid prescribed by an ear, nose and throat specialist, if required as a result of an accident.
- New coverage for Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM): Coverage will be added for Continuous Glucose Monitors receivers, transmitters or sensors for persons diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, up to a combined maximum of $4,000 per person per benefit year. Sun Life must be provided with a doctor’s note confirming the diagnosis.
- New coverage for licensed occupational therapists: Licensed occupational therapists will be added to the list of covered paramedical practitioners. The benefit plan will cover 100% of the costs, up to a maximum of $500 per person in a benefit year.
Hours of Work and Paid Time Off
Paid time off is detailed in the Unifor, Unit 4 Collective Agreement.